7:00am – Registration and Complimentary Continental Breakfast at Wallace Ranch located at 30475 Via Maria Elena, Bonsall, CA 92003. Tour commences at 7:30am.
9:00am– Depart for Dragon Delights Farm located at 16479 Highland Valley Road, Ramona, CA 92065. Tour commences at 10am.
12:00 Noon– Complimentary lunch, fruit and ice cream tasting at the San Diego Farm Bureau, located at 420 S Broadway, Escondido, CA 92025.
12:30pm-5:00pm– Pitahaya Workshop at the San Diego Farm Bureau. Topics include:
- The Origins of Pitahaya/Dragon Fruit Production in California
- Production, Varieties, Establishment Costs and Market Considerations
- Pitahaya/Dragon Fruit IPM Field Survey Results & Update
- Update and management strategies for Cactus Virus X (VCX), diseases and insect pests
- Food Safety for Pitahaya/Dragon Fruit Production & Food Safety Technical Assistance Program
- San Diego Agri-Tourism Story Map – a Marketing Tool for Pitahaya/Dragon Fruit Growers
- Panel Discussion – Current Status, Issues, Challenges and Future of Pitahaya Production in California
Space is limited to 60 attendees! This event has sold out in the past, so register early. Please know that walk-ups will NOT be allowed or accepted. Refunds will NOT be issued, but substitutions are allowed. Registration fee includes continental breakfast, refreshments, lunch, pitahaya or dragon fruit tasting and an information packet. Your early registration also helps plan for meals, refreshments, tasting, and handouts materials.
$60.00 per person if paid on-line by Friday – September 2nd; and $80.00 per person from September 3-7th if space allows.